What is personal information?
Personal information means information about an identifiable individual, as more particularly described under applicable Canadian privacy legislation. The only personal information which we collect about you when you use our website is what you tell us about yourself, for example, by completing an online form when you request printed copies of public disclosure documents, or information you provide to us through the “Contact Us” section or when you send us an e-mail. We collect, use and disclose your personal information with your consent or as permitted or required by law. Your consent may be express or implied, depending on the circumstances and the sensitivity of the personal information in question. If you provide personal information about another person to us, we assume you have the consent of that individual to enable us to collect, use or disclose their information as described in this policy. If you choose to provide personal information to KGHM, we assume that you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as outlined below.
Personal Information We Collect
Personal information we collect in relation to the Website may include:
- information, inquiries or comments you provide to us when you contact us, including name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information that you provide in order to receive updates or our newsletter from us; and
- such other information we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Use of Personal Information
We generally use personal information we collect in relation to the Website for the following purposes:
- replying to your requests, inquiries and comments;
- meeting legal requirements; and
- for other purposes that are disclosed at the time of collection, with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
We may also use personal information obtained from you through the Website, such as contact information (name and email address), to provide you with company information, such as e-mail notifications, literature requests, and newsletter subscriptions or other information which we think might be of interest to you. You may opt out of this use of your personal information by using the unsubscribe/opt out function provided at the bottom of each e-mail.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We do not disclose the personal information you provide to us without your consent but we may disclose personal information in the following circumstances:
- Legal and Regulatory Requirements. KGHM may disclose your personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, industry self-regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements, and as otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law (including as required by applicable Canadian and foreign laws applicable KGHM or its agents and service providers, and including lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in those countries).
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
This Section refers to information that does not, by itself, identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about the use of our Website by our visitors. This information is then compiled and analyzed in a way that does not identify our visitors personally. Our server does not currently attach cookies to your computer’s memory when you visit our website As most websites do, however, we do track usage patterns on our website on an anonymous basis. Your identity cannot reasonably be ascertained from this information. Each time you visit our website, our server records your IP Address, Internet Service Provider, the date and time of your visit, the pages you visit and the documents downloaded, the searches you performed, and the referring URL’s you came from. We use this non-personal information to optimize our website service.
Links to Other Web Sites
We take reasonable steps using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, which may include safeguards to protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, use, copying, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Access and Correction
Last updated on: October 1, 2012